Becky and Rupert with the PCT thru hike adventure with a minimalistic & naturalistic lifestyle, have crossed the United States far and wide.
First with coast-to-coast cycle across the USA, following the Transamerica cycle route, later walking the Pacific Crest Trail, covering the 2,653-mile (4270km) distance between Mexico and Canada.
You can follow the adventures of Becky and Rupert on Instagram, bubbahiketrip.
Are you looking for a new jacket? Try our tool to compare jackets.
Simple, fast and free!
What are your top 3 gear?
Becky and Rupert, what are your top 3 gear and why do you recommend them?
These are our top 3 gear:
– Osprey Exos, backpack
– Hoka Torrent, trail running shoes
– MSR FreeLite, tent
Exos backpack from Osprey because it’s comfy, lightweight, durable
2. Trail running shoes
Hoka Torrent trail running shoes because they have a wide box for swelling of feet. Moreover, these shoes are also lightweight, fast-drying, breathable and even durable.
MSR FreeLite tent! It’s a lightweight spacious tent for 2 people. It is possible to enter on either side and lasted the battering wind and heavy rain.
Osprey Exos 58
Exos 58 represents the latest in a significant heritage of ventilated and lightweight backpacking packs.
Combining optimum comfort and stability with durable, superlight materials, Exos 58 is the ideal pack for moving fast on multi-day adventures.
The Exos 58 offers all the benefits of a lightweight pack but without the normal compromises, helping you to move fast and light.
– weight: 42 oz / 1.2 kg
– fabric: 100D high tenacity nylon
The model is available also with 48 and 38 liters.
Hoka Torrent trail running shoes are responsive and lightweight.
Designed and built with the collaboration of world class HOKA ONE ONE® trail athletes, the Torrent boasts competitive credentials. Created as a trail racer, it incorporates the seemingly contradictory combination of cushioning and agility. The lightweight performance is made possible with a PROFLY™ midsole, providing a forgiving landing and responsive toe-off.
High-traction rubber and aggressive lugs mean that when your feet are on the ground they’re sure of their footing. Marry that with a breathable upper and you’ve got a super lightweight, nimble, and technical trail racer that allows you to tackle a variety of terrain at any speed. Pedal to the metal.
- Open engineered mesh construction optimizes breathability, quick drying comfort, and support
- Protective overlays surround the forefoot and toe box designed for trail debris protection and support
- PROFLY™ midsole for a unique balance of PROpulsion and PROtection
- Strategic hi-abrasion rubber zones for lightweight durability
- Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain
FreeLite produced by MSR and it’s an ultralight & ultra-packable backpacking tent for adventurers.
For real adventures like PCT thru hike!
- Ultralight: Our lightest semi-freestanding, double-wall solo tent provides full protection without a big weight penalty.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Made of aerospace composite materials, Syclone poles resist breaking in fierce winds, boosting the reliability of your tent.
- Easy Access: Large door offers access to the spacious interior for comfort and convenience on longer backcountry trips.
- Ventilation: Micromesh canopy offers maximum ventilation, moisture control, and bug-free protection.
- Weather Protection: Xtreme Shield™ waterproof-coated rainfly and floor.
Packaged Weight: 3 lbs 7 oz (1.56 kg), for FreeLite 3 model
Interior Peak Height (Metric): 39 in (100 cm)
Rainfly Fabric: 15D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield™ polyurethane & silicone
Floor Fabric: 15D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield™ polyurethane & DWR