A versatile, breathable, wind-resistant and water-repellent men’s insulating jacket with zip-off sleeves and lightly insulating Polartec Alpha for extreme temperature variations during fast, start-stop activity, such as speed hiking or mountain training.
The Pedroc Hybrid Wind Alpha Jacket is Salewas’s most versatile speed hiking jacket and has zip-off sleeves so that it quickly transforms into a gilet.
It’s built to give you sustained comfort and protection from overheating or overcooling without needing to shed or change layers.
For high-exertion use, what really sets this jacket apart is its lightweight (315g), hybrid construction with active insulation with Polartec Alpha Direct and Polartec Alpha Recycled plus breathable Durastretch inserts. Together they work to regulate comfort in changing alpine conditions by offering consistent warmth, but greater breathability via air exchange and moisture-moving heat transfer. The more you move, the harder Polartec Alpha works, while the Alpha Direct fibers have no backing fabric and are designed to be in direct contact with the skin or other fabric layers for increased breathability performance and reduced weight. When you’re moving, the insulation breathes and wicks. When you stop, it holds your warmth. For additional weather protection, the water-repellent outer fabric also has a PFC-free DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
The Pedroc Hybrid Wind Alpha men’s softshell has a slim athletic fit, a sleek chest pocket, weighs 315 grams, and is fast drying. To keep the wind out, it has a high neck with a full internal wind flap and stretch cuffs. In addition, it’s treated with climate-smart Polygiene permanent odor control to help it stay fresh for longer with less washing. This is one highly versatile jacket for fast-moving, start-stop activity in the mountains.
- Front neck zip
- Front zip with internal full-length windproof flap
- Zipped chest pocket
- Cuffs with edged elastic binding
- Elastic binding edged hem
- Soft breathable mesh lining
- Zip-off sleeves
- Ease of movement through stretch inserts
- Material functions match the needs of corresponding areas of the body (body mapping)
- Optimal moisture transport to avoid chill effect
- Reflective details
- CSR: PFC-free
- Insulation: POLARTEC® ALPHA® RECYCLED 50 BS ( 100% Polyester ) / POLARTEC® ALPHA® DIRECT RECYCLED 90 BS
- Lining: MESH WARPKNIT 90 SILVER ( 100% Polyester )
- Main Finishing: POLYGIENE / WICKING / DURABLE WATER REPELLENT – PFC FREE
- Main material: DURASTRETCH ACTIVE 4-WAY ECO DWR 123 BS ( 84% Polyamide 16% Elastane ) / NYLON WINDBREAKER LIGHT 20D ECO 48 BS ( 100% Polyamide )