Heydocap is an “active” down jacket in recycled fabric and wadding. Ideal to wear under the EVE jacket.
Woven and dyed in Isère, assembled in Europe.
Recycled fabric with mechanical anti-down treatment (non-chemical).
60gr recycled wadding (CLO 1.81). Double slider zip. 2 side hidden zip pockets. 1 interior mesh pocket, with or without a hood. And still without endocrine disruptors (PFC).
- 2 side hand pockets with hidden zip
- 1 interior mesh pocket (gloves, mask, etc.)
- Bottom tightened by elastic bias
- 1 YKK © Vislon © 3mm ventral zip with double slider (opening from the bottom or the top)
- Large helmet hood.
- Soft protection on the chin and mouth
- Fabric threads recycled from plastic bottles (Italy)
- Polyester wadding (Italy) recycled at 70% FiberBall Comfortemp © 60gr / m² – Oekotex100 – CLO = 1.81
- Tint in Isère
- Weight: 380gr in size M
CUT / FIT
The HEYDO down jacket has a cut close to the body so as not to leave too much air between the body and the inside which improves heat retention.
RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT
- The fabric comes from recycled plastic bottles
- The yarn is made in Italy
- Mechanical Anti-Down treatment (no CHEMICAL treatment)
- 100% polyester, the HEYDO down jacket is recyclable
- Water-repellent C0 (without PFC)
- 70% recycled polyester wadding. 30% new polyester.
THE MULTI-LAYER SYSTEM
To protect itself from the elements, the ptarmigan changes its plumage according to the seasons. It turns white in winter to escape predators and increases the swelling of its feathers to guard against the cold. We couldn’t see ourselves making a down jacket out of ptarmigan feathers. So we use recycled wadding whose role is to trap the hot air inside. It is the ideal complement under the EVE jacket for skiing in winter, walking in the forest or waiting for latecomers in ski touring.
The “multi-layered” system is based on the principle of superimposing different layers of clothing:
- inner layer whose properties transport perspiration to the outside of the garment
- intermediate layer with the role of insulation and thermal regulation (HEYDO)
- outer layer with weather protection function (waterproof, breathable, windproof) (EVE)
The “multi-layer” system provides protection against bad weather by providing maximum comfort and versatility. During an effort, you need less heat than when standing, but you still need the maximum protection against wind, rain, and snow.
MAINTENANCE & WATER REPELLENT
The HEYDO down jacket has the great merit of being machine washed, with the zips closed at 30 °, classic laundry (not too much), no softener or other (bleach), gentle spinning, and abundant rinsing. So no need for tennis balls or to brush your clothes for hours after drying. The garment air dries on a hanger. Water repellency does not last forever and fades over time. Water repellents without perfluorocarbons (called C0 because they do not contain PFCs) are less persistent than the C8 and C6 commonly used (this is also one of the problematic characteristics of their persistence in nature). After several washes, it will be possible to apply a spray product to revive this water repellency (still without PFC). But keep in keep in mind that water repellency (allowing water to slide off the fabric) does not mean impermeability (not allowing water to pass through). The down jacket is not waterproof and requires wearing a jacket over it in case of rain. Otherwise, you will quickly be drenched. For waterproofing, there is of course the EVE jacket.
Always passionate about textile know-how, we are committed to manufacturing quality outdoor clothing. The fabric we use for the exterior (the shell) and the interior (the lining) are the same. It is woven in Isère from the same recycled yarn that makes up the EVE jackets and SUPA pants and URSK jackets. It weighs 68gr / m² and has a silky feel.
They are We share with you the origins and manufacturing stages of your garment as well as the techniques implemented to be able to go on an adventure well equipped. Because we believe that we cherish what we know well, knowing what to wear becomes for us an additional guarantee of sustainability.
The fabric of the EVE jacket consists of 3 different layers that are only a few millimeters thick when put together.
- The fabric of the outer layer is a “warp and weft” woven in France (Ardèche) from recycled yarns made in Italy. The yarn is obtained by recycling plastic bottles that are crushed, melted, and then spun to obtain coils. These spools are transported to Ardèche and undergo a stage called “warping” before they can be woven: the spools are unwound to form a huge spool containing 1000 threads arranged side by side. The operation must be repeated 7 times to finally obtain a large spool of 7000 threads neatly arranged in parallel: the weaving of the SUPA pants can finally begin with a “twill” weave which gives the material a supple feel. We obtain a raw tissue (the “greige”
- The membrane is a polyester made in Europe from recycled membrane scraps (pre-consumer).
- The thin layer of inner fabric is a mesh knitted in Asia with very small gauges (a 30 gauge corresponds to a 1/4 millimeter diameter needle) from recycled yarns. The yarn is obtained by recycling plastic bottles that are crushed, melted, and then spun to obtain coils. Knitting the stitch does not require a warping step.
The 3 components are assembled (lamination) in Austria before being shipped to Poland where the fabric is cut, sewn, and waterproofed to become the EVE jacket that you will take on your adventures.