The second generation of EVE jacket made with recycled materials and manufactured in the European Union to decrease the footprint.
Moreover, it is made with one unique material and this allows to be 100% recyclable.
Always with the same superpowers: 100% waterproof, windproof and breathable.
Lightweight, comfortable on snow or by bike, in wind, rain or cold. Woven and dyed in Ardèche, without endocrine disruptors. You leave only your footprints in nature.
– 1 inside left pocket (phone, paper, etc.)
– 1 inside mesh pocket (gloves, mask, skins …)
– 1 left arm zipped ski pass pocket
– 2 napoleon zipped pockets on the front compatible with a harness and a backpack
– 2 side vents for ventilation in case of sustained effort – they follow the shoulder straps of the backpack, and allow easy access to the pockets of clothes worn underneath
– 1 YKK © Vislon © ventral zip 5mm with double slider (opening from the bottom or the top)
– Drawstrings at the waist and Velcro wrist tightening
– Large helmet hood. 3-point tightening at the collarbones and at the back of the head. No holes or eyelets on the hood: the tightening mechanisms do not create an entry point for water, snow or wind
– Storm flap inside the ventral zip
– Soft chin and cheek protection
– Seams sealed with heat-sealed bands
– YKK © Aquaguard Coil © 5mm hydrophobic zips
– High UV resistance color dye
– Weight: 590gr in size M
The EVE jacket has a slim fit.
It is a little longer at the back so that it can bend down without uncovering its back.
The sleeves are a little longer so that the wrists stay well covered when raising the arms. To be sure that it does not hinder movement, the fit has been tested and validated during technical ascents and long ski descents (1st descent from Pic Laila 6096m in Pakistan) as well as in itinerant trekking (winter crossing of New Zealand 2400km on foot in 5 months).
The EVE jacket goes straight to the point in a clean style and lines that delicately outline the arms and offer vanishing points (ventilation) that do not overwhelm the silhouette. There is a size guide accessible next to the size selection to help you find yours.
SYMPATEX MEMBRANE PERFORMANCE
The fabric is developed with a “3 layers” structure which are laminated (glued) together.
The membrane which protects against water and wind and which allows “breathability” is inside, sandwiched and therefore invisible. The fabric has been laboratory tested according to current international standards. But at Lagoped, it is the field tests that forge our conviction.
The EVE jackets have been tested for several months in all conditions, in all latitudes and at all altitudes.
– 100% WATERPROOF:> 20,000 mm. The tightness of a fabric is measured by means of a water column placed on the fabric, and its 20,000mm represents a very high level of tightness: this means that it takes pressure a water column of 20m so that the water starts to pass through the fabric. The ISO 811 standard governs this test. After 5 washes, our fabric is still resistant to more than 20,000 mm.
– 100% WINDPROOF: the membrane has no pores (no holes) and therefore does not allow air to pass. No “wind chill” effect. It retains heat well when you are at rest.
– BREATHABLE: RET <14 (m²Pa / W). “Breathability” is the ability of a fabric to wick away water vapor generated by the body as part of its own temperature regulation. We evacuate between 2cl and 4cl of water per hour at rest and this quantity can reach 1/2 liter in the event of intense effort. The coefficient of thermal evaporative resistance (RET) measures the resistance that a textile opposes to the evacuation of moisture from the body. The ISO 11092 standard governs this complex test. The lower the RET value, the lower the resistance to moisture transfer and therefore the increased breathability. A RET of 14 corresponds to a good breathability which is suitable for skiing, mountaineering, hiking, paragliding, snowshoeing, but will not be completely suitable for very aerobic activities such as trail, running, cross-country skiing.
– HYDROPHILIC and compact, the membrane is pore-free, so no holes as opposed to a micro-porous membrane. It is insensitive to contamination and resistant to washing and therefore easy to maintain. The water vapor is captured by the hydrophilic membrane (which likes water) and evacuated to the outside by the pressure difference (more pressure inside than outside). The more you activate and the more you increase the pressure inside and the more the membrane becomes “breathable”. Your clothing adapts to your activity level.
– LASTING COLORS : the fabric follows a demanding test protocol in order to verify the color fastness under prolonged exposure (up to 500h) to artificial light radiation (by xenon arc) whose spectral distribution of power corresponds to sunlight. You can spend time outdoors and the colors are here to stay (ISO 105-B10).
THE MULTI-LAYER SYSTEM
To protect itself from the elements, the ptarmigan changes its plumage according to the seasons. It turns white in winter to escape predators and increases the swelling of its feathers to guard against the cold. The EVE jacket is inspired by its simple efficiency: it stops rain and wind and retains body heat (over 30 ° C on the surface of the skin). In very cold weather, just add an intermediate layer for more heat. You are ready for all your activities and you adapt your heat input while always keeping protection against bad weather. Thus, the EVE jacket can be worn all year round and not just in winter, in the mountains or skiing.
The “multi-layered” system is based on the principle of superimposing different layers of clothing:
– inner layer whose properties transport perspiration to the outside of the garment
– intermediate layer with the role of insulation and thermal regulation
– outer layer with weather protection function (waterproof, breathable, windproof)
The “multi-layer” system provides protection against bad weather by providing maximum comfort and versatility. During an effort you need less heat than when standing, but you still need the maximum protection against wind, rain and snow.
MAINTENANCE & WATER REPELLENCY
The EVE jacket can be machine washed inside out, with the zips closed at 30 ° -40 °, with classic laundry (not too much), no softener or other (bleach), a gentle spin and rinse abundant.
Once the garment is air dried on a hanger, you can put it in the dryer for 10-15 minutes (but no more) by choosing a synthetic program.
This will reactivate the water-repellent treatment which is initially applied by coating and polymerization, and therefore by heating it.
Water repellency does not last forever and fades over time. Water repellents without perfluocarbons (called C0 because they do not contain PFCs) are less persistent than the C8 and C6 commonly used (this is also one of the problematic characteristics of their persistence in nature).
After many washes, it will be possible to apply a spray product to revive this water repellency. But keep in mind that water repellency (letting water slide off the fabric) does not mean waterproof (not letting water through).
Impermeability remains ensured by the membrane sandwiched between the 2 layers (visible on the inside and outside): it is this which prevents water from coming to wet you.
The fabric of the EVE jacket is made of 3 different layers that are only a few millimeters thick when put together.
- The fabric of the outer layer is a “warp and weft” woven in France (Ardèche) from recycled yarns made in Italy ( Newlife ). The yarn is obtained by recycling plastic bottles which are crushed, melted and then spun to obtain coils. These spools are transported to Ardèche and undergo a stage called “warping” before they can be woven: the spools are unwound to form a huge spool containing 1000 threads arranged side by side. The operation must be repeated 7 times to finally obtain a large spool of 7000 threads neatly arranged in parallel: the weaving of the SUPA pants can finally begin with a “twill” weave which gives the material a supple feel. We obtain a raw fabric (the “greige”) which is then dyed in Ardèche not far from the weaving factory.
- The membrane is a polyester made in Europe from recycled membrane scraps (pre-consumer).
- The thin layer of inner fabric is a mesh knitted in Asia with very small gauges (a 30 gauge corresponds to a 1/4 millimeter diameter needle) from recycled yarns. The yarn is obtained by recycling plastic bottles which are crushed, melted and then spun to obtain coils. The knitting of the stitch does not require a warping step.
The 3 components are assembled (lamination) in Austria before being shipped to Poland where the fabric is cut, sewn and waterproofed to become the EVE jacket that you will take on your adventures.