Choosing the right layer for crisp spring mornings and chilly fall nights can be a challenge.
Ventum windproof jacket is crafted to cut the breeze and trap warmth in your base layer or against your skin.
It’s perfect for when a base layer alone is not enough, but insulation would make you overheat. Weighing under 2 ounces (56 grams) this is a must-have item for when you plan to hike in cool weather.
- Elastic at the back hem, and at the wrists to keep the wind out.
- Elastic at the hood for a snug fit around your face.
- Constructed from .59 oz/sqyd Ventum ripstop nylon. This fabric is tightly woven and heat calendared to cut the wind.
- High quality “C6” durable water repellent (DWR). Not waterproof.
- Mosquito proof
- Highly wind resistant
- Excellent vapor transfer/breathability – comfortable to wear, not clammy
- Soft feeling – not sticky or plasticy like some other fabrics in this weight range.
- Ripstop/tear resistant.
- Lightest weight wind shell available with a hood and full-length zipper.
- The jacket packs down tiny into an integrated storage pocket.
- Made in the USA.
.59 oz/sqyd Ventum Ripstop Nylon
This super light, high quality, 7 denier fabric has a ciré finish on both sides and weighs in at just .59 oz/sqyd (20 g/m²). Featuring a high quality “C6” durable water repellent (DWR), this ripstop and tear-resistant material can also handle a light sprinkle but is not waterproof.
Ventum nylon cuts the wind while still allowing for excellent vapor transfer that makes the fabric highly breathable. With a soft texture, Ventum is not sticky or plasticky like some other fabrics in this weight range.
As the material is down and mosquito-proof, it is an excellent choice for wind shell clothing and sleeping bag shells.
Weight: .59 oz/sqyd (20 g/m²)
Made in Japan.