Stretch Down Hood 2.0 by Stellar Equipment is designed to be worn under a shell layer during alpine activities, but you will end up wearing it every time the temperature drops.
The 750 fill power Stretch Down Hood 2.0 features two revolutionary innovations in down technology: woven seamless down baffles and a water-resistant 2-way stretchable outer fabric. Read more about Down Technology from the article.
The result is a breathable, durable, and weather-resistant insulation garment, that quite possibly might be the most comfortable and versatile down hoodie you have ever worn — both on and off the mountain.
- Unique lightweight 2-way stretchable DWR-treated ‘I-tube’ outer fabric with woven seamless down baffles, improving wind and water resistance while reducing cold spots and down leakage.
- Two hand pockets insulated on the outside keeping hands and equipment protected and warm.
- Athletic, very stretchable fit, meant to go under a shell jacket. If you plan to wear it as a stand-alone jacket choose one size larger than you normally do.
- Main fabric: Stretch shell fabric – 84% polyamide, 16% elastane. 128g/sqm.
- Main fabric denier: 20D.
- Lining fabric: 87% polyamide, 13% elastane (20D).
- Insulation: 750 fill power goose down.
- Down fill weight: Men’s S 139 g, M 149.5 g, L160.5 g, XL 172.5 g, XXL 185 g. Women’s S 122 g, M 132.4 g, L 143.4 g, XL 154.6 g.
- Waterproofness: DWR treated stretch shell fabric and down.
- Breathability: Stretch shell fabric – Air Permeability (AATCC 37) 2CC.
- Garment weight: Men’s M 452 g, L 478 g. Women’s S 390 g, M 420 g.
- Center back length men’s: S 69.5 cm, M 71.5 cm, L 74 cm, XL 76.5 cm, XXL 79 cm.
- Center back length women’s: S 65.5 cm, M 68 cm, L 70.5 cm, XL 73 cm.
- Hood/collar: Fixed hood adjustable at front with chin guard triangle.
- Pockets: Two hidden zipped hand pockets.
- Zippers: YKK zippers.
- Sleeves and cuffs: Elastic cuffs.
- Bottom hem: Bottom hem adjustable with elastic drawstring. Drop tail.
- Extra features: Woven down baffles prevent down leakage and cold spots.
- Note: Colors will differ slightly between different materials. The Stellar Shell Jacket will match the Stellar Shell Pant perfectly, but the Guide Shell Pant might not, because of differences in fabric texture and luminance. Contact customer service if you need advice.