Worn by Hilaree Nelson and Jim Morrison on their historic descent of Lhotse Couloir, North Face’s L5 Summit Series FUTURELIGHT Jacket defies expectations with the highest level of durable, breathable-waterproof protection.
RECYCLED CONTENT: Recycled content – Helps reduce landfill waste and the use of virgin materials.
FUTURELIGHT: Breathable waterproof outerwear that is sustainably made using recycled materials.
WATERPROOF: Waterproof fabric provides an impenetrable moisture barrier for guaranteed dryness.
PACKABLE: This piece can be packed into its own pocket for light travel.
The jacket, design for mountaineering activities, with its 3D ergonomic patterning delivers more flexibility with full arms-up mobility for grueling ascents and descents.
Getting down to details, this three-layer shell features a fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood with wire brim and perforated chin guard so you can lock out bad weather when fully geared up.
Two chest pockets are fully harness-compatible and the larger bellowed front pocket provides space for snacks or inner gloves. There are three additional internal pockets for keeping all you need close at hand. Internal elastic thumb loops keep the sleeves in place as you layer up.
Fabric: 70D X 70D 159g/M² 93% Nylon, 7% Elastane
Average Weight: 660g
- Drop-tail hem for extra coverage
- Zero shoulder seams for enhanced comfort with a pack
- 100% windproof fabric
- Three-layer fabric provides ultimate breathability and protection
- 3D ergonomic patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Two large internal mesh drop pockets
- One horizontal, bellowed hand pocket with exposed, matte PU zip
- Two large alpine chest pockets with exposed, matte PU zips
- Exposed, two-way, matte polyurethane (PU) VISLON® centre-front zip
- Perforated tricot at chin guard provides breathability and comfort
- Attached, fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood features a laminated wire brim
- One horizontal, internal hand pocket with exposed, matte PU zip
- Comes with a lightweight stuff sack
- Oversize cord locks at the hood and hem are easy to use when wearing gloves
- Adjustable hem cinch-cord includes internal clip-up loops to stash away excess cording
- Internal elastic thumb-loop cuffs to keep sleeves in place
- Velcro® cuff tabs to lock on warmth